3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Charlotte, NC
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Charlotte to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is one of the best times to check that all of your home’s systems are ready for the the upcoming summer months. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in Charlotte:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to check that it can handle the summer heat. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Local HVAC companies may provide this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your family safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Replace the caulking if needed. Add window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open and close each window to check that they can easily move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Begin by decluttering your rooms to open up your home. Then clean surfaces you don’t clean weekly including kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Wash your screens and windows to remove dirt and smudges. Clean your shades and draperies and wipe down your shutters. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After your home is nice and clean, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your rooms is to start with what you have. Rearrange your furniture to update the room’s look. Or you can shop your house. This means you switch out the furniture and accessories you already own between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with new paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to completely redo a room, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s packed with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for all areas of your home. Once you’ve picked a color scheme and style you like, you can look for matching accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
Window treatments are a simple item to update that complements your existing style and brightens your home. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Check Out More Design Tips
If you want more ways to enhance your home, browse through our design tips. And when you find a look and window treatment that you want for your home, give us a call at 980-231-1116 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you find the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.